Happy New Month!
New Year’s Resolutions can be so. darn. hard friends.
What if we broke it down to a manageable portion of reinvention.
I’m all for waking up each day and feeling a renewed sense of self and making each day worth it.
So I’ve decided to make this month – the month of LOVE – all about taking little steps to show it.
Some love resolutions, if you will.
And here is it:
1. Remind myself that LOVING and caring for myself regularly is not only okay, but it is crucial. Why is this so easy to forget, friends?
2. Love on my family DAILY. The hustle can be crazy ya’ll, but I can’t forget to show how much I cherish my amazing life-sidekicks.
3. Send my HEART to all of my clients and coworkers. I want to find personal ways to let my clients know how much they mean to me and lift up and encourage all of my amazing industry peers. Because, yeah, they’re just THAT incredible to me.
So what do you say? Want to set out with me and turn hallmark, chocolate gooeyness into a tangible love fest? Do you have some fun ideas to share on how to show your love to yourself, family or friends?
Here are some things I dreamed up so far:
1. Handwritten letters to all of my clients. Email totally works but the art and joy of a note in the mail is, sigh… just so worth it.
2. A quick uplifting ‘thinking of you’ note to an industry friend on the regular. When you’re a photographer, good chance is you work long hours in a cubicle built for one. I love shrinking that big world and making it feel cozy with an unexpected “hi, you’re doing great things!”
3. I started putting silly jokes in my kids lunch boxes. I love the personal notes us mom’s sneak in there for them to find. These in particular they love to share with their friends!
4. Committing to one night a week of completely unplugged date nights with the hubs. You think after 10 years we would have this down. But, alas!
5. I started a sugar detox a few weeks ago and WOW, do I feel like a new person!
Okay, that’s it for now! I can’t wait to see your ideas and to share with you all the exciting things that come about this month!